Thursday, July 10, 2008

Tagged by NoR

So this is the task:

1. Pick up the nearest book.
2. Open to page 123
3. Find the 5th sentence
4. Post the next three sentences
5. Tag five people, and acknowledge who tagged you.

This is going to be so unsatisfying for my tagger... I'm in my office, so the nearest book is a programming reference guide:

"You can store text that is generated by the macro facility during macro execution in an external file. Printing the statements generated during macro execution to a file is useful for debugging macros when you want to test generated text in a later SAS session. To use this feature, set both the MFILE and MPRINT system options on and also assign MPRINT as the fileref for the file to contain the output generated by the macro facility."

I tag... anyone who cares to be tagged by this.

Wow... I think this is now officially my dullest post ever! I almost fell asleep writing it.

ADDENDUM: I just noticed that my copy of the unabridged Shakespeare (one of my copies of the unabridged Shakespeare, anyway) is closer to me than the programming manual is. Oh well.

3 comments:

NoRegrets said...

Hey, no, that was fascinating. REally. Truly.
And you COULD do the shakespeare also...

Squirrel said...

Ahem. "Measure For Measure," V:i.

Duke: Go, do it instantly.- Exit Provovost
And you, my noble and well-warranted cousin,
Whom it concerns to hear this matter forth,
Do with your injuries as seems you best
In any chastisement. I for awhile
Will leave you: but stir not you till you have well
Determined upon these slanders.

NoRegrets said...

I remember when I went to see Henry the VII I think it was, and it took me a half hour to start to undrestand what they were saying.