- Trees. In general, and also one very specifically.
- Radio drama. Afghanada (great), Canadia 2056 (okay), Monsoon House (meh)... even when it's bad, it's still pretty good.
- The hours between 8 and 10 pm, which usually find me lying on my couch, listening to the radio, falling asleep. Delicious.
- There are people who read this blog who I don't even know, and who have never commented. I don't know who they are, but Google Analytics tells me they are out there, and that's something that makes me oddly happy.
- The good people of New Paltz. I just took a walk to the library on my lunch break, and had four very different and interesting conversations with four very different and interesting people. This happens to me almost every time I step out my door. We have a great per capita of different and interesting people here.
- I have read some great books in the past year. Wall to Wall. Late Nights on Air. I Capture The Castle.
- Hiking, swimming, biking season will soon be here. Not to mention my CSA share.
- My old landlady still calls me and asks me what I'm cooking.
- My best friend in Ottawa knows I miss watching the Rick Mercer Report, and she thinks about me whenever she watches it. She even researched how to bypass the CBC's geoblocking for me.
Wednesday, February 25, 2009
The lousy mood I've often been in this winter has (shockingly) not been ameliorated by any of my navel gazing, hand wringing, woe is me posts, so I'm going to try something different, and list some things I'm happy about.